The French Culinary Institute offers various part-time/full time culinary courses. FCI is reckoned among the topmost community of culinary schools in our country, and received “The Award of Excellence for Vocational Cooking School” in April 2006, from the International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP).
Here are five interesting facts about the exciting experience of being at FCI. You can hone your craft and shape your dreams with the intense training program of FCI.
- Top-class international chefs and food experts take both day and night classes which are intense and small with 12 students per batch and makes your training exciting, fast and more intense. These inspiring instructors comment, support and correct you at every step giving you their total attention.
- Their new ‘Total Immersion’ approach, ensures that you learn the maximum in 6 to 9 months, after which you graduate as fully-trained chefs. FCI also provides you with powerful professionals of world’s high raking restaurants who hire fresh and creative talent either internship or even full-time positions.
- Learn from the legends themselves as the curriculum is designed by famous chefs of the world, for instance, Alain Sailhac, Andre Soltner, Jacques Pepin, Cesare Casella, Jacques Torres, and Alan Richman.
- Now students can also live in New York with several secure and beautiful low-cost housing options available near The FCI. The housing options include Roosevelt Island apartments and EHS Clark of Brooklyn Heights and various other apartments in New York City. The apartments are available on first come first served basis. Many of these places are just a subway ride away from the FCI.
- The French Culinary Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT). Students may obtain information regarding availability of comparable programs, including tuition, fees, and program length from the ACCSCT.
With these 5 interesting facts about the French Culinary Institute, you can certainly count on having an intense and knowledge gaining experience while learning your culinary arts at this institute.