Crest Whitestrips are one of the renowned teeth whitening products under Procter & Gamble. Many consumers including beauty magazines’ editors love and highly recommended the whitening strips because of the effectiveness of delivering dazzling whitening results. They also became Amazon.com best selling teeth whitening product.
Crest has invented seven types of Whitestrips to meet consumers’ different needs. The strips are Intensive Professional Effects, Professional Effects, 2-Hour Express, Advanced Vivid, Vivid, Gentle Routine and Stain Shield.
How to apply whitestrips
The way to use Crest Whitestrips is easy. Just peel off the strips from the transparent backing liner, then align and place the strips onto your front teeth. Wrap the remaining strips behind your teeth. The process of applying is the same for both upper and lower strips. After reaching the stated time, remove the strips and rinse your mouth. You can also brush your teeth if needed.
Tips on using Crest Whitestrips
Although each of them utilizes the same gentle whitening ingredients that are safe for enamel, however, there are instructions and details that you need to take caution to obtain the best polishing results.
Below are some tips and guidelines for using Crest Whitestrips:
- Not suitable for children below 12 years old
- Only works on natural teeth but not on dentures, braces, decayed tooth, whiten caps, veneers, crowns, fillings, sore gum and restorations
- Apply to the front teeth only
- Place strips according to upper and lower teeth (upper strip is longer than lower strip)
- Temporary teeth and gum sensitivity may happen or white spots will appear, but it’s not hazardous to your health
- Use as the instructed time and do not reuse the strips
- Avoid using expired or dirty strips (e.g: strips that dropped on the floor or into the sink)
- Do not brush your teeth before using the strips
- Do not eat during the application of whitestrips; drinking is acceptable
- Do not apply strips overnight or while sleeping
- You can use second strip after completing the first round of whitening (e.g: applying 3D White Stain Shield right after using 3D White Intensive Professional Effects) However, it is advisable not to use more than two strips for upper and lower teeth per day
- Rinse or brush off the gel after removing the strips. The gel is not poisonous so do not panic if you accidentally swallow some of the gel
- Consult with your doctor first before using Crest Whitestrips if you are pregnant or have any special health conditions
These are the basic information about using Crest Whitestrips. Apply them the right way and eventually you will get bright and beautiful smiles.